Erasmus and international exchange students: Choice of classes and registration
Your application file includes a learning agreement, i.e. the list of classes you wish to attend at Université de Paris. Your learning agreement must be approved by the exchange coordinator of the UFR Etudes Anglophones.
Classes normally start mid- September for the first term, and mid-January for the 2nd term. Please note that the resit exams for both terms take place at the end of June.
2021-2022: beginning of classes in the English Department: September 20, 2021 for the 1st term and January 24, 2021 for the second term.
Your contact at the SRI (Pôle Stratégie et relations internationales), Ms Soumia OUITER, will contact you to provide your student number and invite you to go to the SRI to retrieve your student card.
+ 33 (0)1 57 27 55 34
The SRI is located in the Grands Moulins building, side A, 2nd floor.
Map Paris Rive Gauche Campus (225.35 Ko)
Upon arrival in Paris and after you have received your student card, you will be required to register for the classes you chose. Registration for a particular class is done with the UFR (department) that offers it.
For the UFR Etudes anglophones, registration will be done by email with your student number and a written list of the modules you want to take (with the code, title and group number if applicable). Please note that it will not be possible to change your classes during the semester.
For the other UFR, registration must be done in person with your Université de Paris student card and a written list of the modules you want to take (with the code, title and group number if applicable).
Choice of classes
The policy of Université de Paris is to open most classes offered by the various departments (UFR) to all Erasmus and exchange students, subject to the following requirements and restrictions:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students normally register for 60 ECTS for the full year, 30 ECTS per term. However, the home university may prefer an Erasmus and exchange student to take fewer ECTS than normally required (for example, Erasmus students from Nottingham may do only 20 to 24 ECTS per term).
- Erasmus and exchange students must register for at least two classes per term in the UFR to which they have been nominated. In the case of students from English-speaking countries nominated to the UFR Etudes Anglophones, this requirement may be reduced to only one class per term with the UFR Etudes Anglophones.
- Note that access to modules in psychology is restricted to students nominated to the UFR Etudes Psychanalitiques.
- Note that access to modules in film studies offered by the Département LSH and the UFR LAC is restricted to students nominated to the UFR LAC. Students do have access to modules in film studies offered by the UFR Etudes Anglophones, including M.A. seminars in visual studies.
- Erasmus and exchange students must have a B1/B2 level in French; this requirement may be waived for students who only register for classes in the UFR Etudes Anglophones, which are taught in English (although it is recommanded to have a decent command of French to deal with everyday life in Paris)
Most students who come through an exchange agreement with the UFR Etudes Anglophones attend classes in the following fields:
For further information on choice of classes and registration, please contact the exchange coordinator of the UFR Etudes Anglophones.
Access to electronic services for Université de Paris students
Once you receive your student number, you must activate your electronic student account.
This will give you access to the whole range of student services, including Mon Dossier Web (grades, registration status, certificate of school attendance….), the Moodle class platform, your student email service, distant access to library services
Info on your personal student account
La Box: the whole range of electronic services for Université de Paris students
FAQ on student services